بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Surah Yusuf has an interesting recurring theme throughout. That is, the Shirt of Yusuf. It is a mystery of the Quran, and when tying into self esteem and self worth, oh it is simply amazing.
Yusuf’s shirt was mentioned 6 times in the surah in 4 places. Let’s look at the shirt in the surah.
- و جاءوا على قميصه بدم كذب – And they came with fake blood on his shirt
- وقدت قميصه من دبر – And the she ripped his shirt from behind
- إن كان قميصه قد من قبل فصدقت و هو من الكاذبين و إن كان قميصه قد من دبر فكذبت وهو من الصادقين فلما رأى قميصه قد من دبر – if the shirt was ripped from the front, then she is telling the truth and he is lying. And if the shirt is torn from the back, then she’s lying and he’s truthful. Then when they saw his shirt torn from behind……..
- اذهبوا بقميصيهذا و ألقوه على وجه أبي يأت بصيرا – Go with my shirt, this one! and toss it on my father’s eyes, his vision will return.
1. The brother of Yusuf put fake blood دم كذب (bleeding pain) , on his shirt, when they put him down in the well.
2. Then the minister’s wife, ripped his shirt from behind, backstabbed and deceived him. Like hurting somebody, like backstabbing, further hurting their image.
3. Then Yusuf was judged based on his shirt. It’s all about what the shirt looks like. His shirt is defining his judgment.
4. At the end, when the brothers have seen Yusuf’s true self was revealed, and the brothers were put down in their place, He tells them to go take the shirt that they tarnished and see it in it’s true light. A healthy cleaned shirt reflecting his true authentic real self. Take that shirt, and put it on my father’s eyes, who has become blind from the emotional pain of all of this. And his vision will return.
Oh those who are suffering with self esteem and image problems, and worthlessness issues. Can you see the theme recurring here?
The function of a shirt is how you look. Your image. How you are portrayed. What do you think this
shirt is referring to? Are you able to see the hidden symbolism behind the shirt mentioned in this sophisticated surah?
I want to see comments please. Do comment now!